Buy a Gift Voucher
Paper Clay Revolution (1 Day Introduction)
paperclay, paper, clay, Graham, Hay, pottery, clay
The one day workshop is a hands on, information packed paper clay workshop, suitable for absolute beginners, teachers, through to the more experienced clay user.
Learn from an expert, but in a fun, hands-on way.
The venue is the spacious, light-filled Robertson Park Artists Studio. An artitecture design creative space within the scenic Robertson Park, West Perth.
Current steps to protect new and current students, tutor and other studio artists:
All new students are encouraged to first read this update 16/3/20. New class and workshop students will be emailed with a link to reschedule their first class to any future date. Every time they reschedule they will immediately receive a new email with a fresh rescheduling link. Classes and workshops will be capped at 6 participants, to provide adequate personal space.
Gift Vouchers must be used within 36 months of date of purchase. If you need an extension, please contact me via email a month before expiry date. After this date extensions will not be given.
- New and centuries old clay techniques suitable for paper clay.
- How to master paper clay, and develop a personal, creative style.
- Use paper clay for pottery and sculpture, and with/out expensive equipment.
- One or two creations of your own.
- Insight into the artist's thinking, processes and studio practice.
- A fun, hands on, day of making, experimenting, with like-minded people.
- New knowledge, skill, and confidence.
- Free parking, tea and real coffee.
- Includes free $20 of paper clay to use and keep.
3 hour Free Parking
at Robertson Park Tennis Club carpark,
either side on Fitzgerald Street, during week days.
(Night class: note: clearway until 6pm on east side, then free)
- a box to take home your creations, an old newspaper, hand towel, and only if you have them; ice cream container with lid, clay tools or spare kitchen utilities (e.g. garlic crusher, apple corer, different sized bowls).
An old shirt or comfortable clothes, as you may get messy. Covered shoes are necessary as this is a working artist studio.
beginners, teachers, artists, hobbyists
common sense refund policy
Credits are transferable, but not generally refundable (but this does not diminish your statutory rights).
Class Conditions (not applicable for workshops):
1. Courtesy Saves: If you can't attend any class, your lesson credit is only protected (ie "rolled over") if you email or text me before the lesson, AND provide a specific "date of return to class".
The quickest and easiest way is by using the reschedule link in class confirmation or reminder emails.
This information is essential to prevent too large or too small classes.
I will confirm receipt of you text or email, and that your place in the class reserved.
If you do not provide a return date, or do not attend the lesson, your balance will decline each week. When your balance reached zero, your shelve will be cleared (to make space for new students) and all clay recycled.
If you let me know via email/text, lessons can be rolled over for up to 2 years.
2. Similarly, if you are returning to classes after a prolonged absence, please contact me well before to ensure a place is reserved for you.
3. You can change which day and time you attend classes, and even attend more than one lesson per week, provided you have first discussed it with me, and there is space in the class. If you are using the automatic system, you'll see live online were the gaps are and can immediately reschedule.
4. If you are likely to be away for more than two months, you will be asked to temporarily take your clay and creations home (so to make space for new students, and to encourage you to keep making at home). Upon your return a space will be again made available for you.
5. Want more flexibility? Just ask.